Mission and Values
To inspire business and professional leaders to embrace God’s calling and move from success to significance.
As these leaders achieve maximum leverage and return on their investment of time and resources, Gods rule (grace and favour) reign and the manifestation of His Kingdom at all domains of society will naturally follow in South Africa and the rest of Africa.
Remember Halftime as we presently know it, not withstanding the powerfulness of it, is just a tool/vehicle. It is all about the furtherance of the Kingdom of God and not about a program or organization.
1. Inspire marketplace leaders to investigate and pursue a life of significance.
2. Presenting a personal discovery process by which interested individuals can identify their gifts, calling and passion.
3. Delivering resources, experience, ideas and best practices to facilitate the transition from success to significance.
4. Introducing interested leaders to serving opportunities through the church, in their communities and around the world.
5. Mobilising and empowering churches to enable them to achieve the above objectives.
Values by which we operate
Spiritually, we value…
- Christ as the centre of all meaningful life and ministry
- Dependence on the Holy Spirit to lead and empower
- Scripture as God’s authoritative Word
- The Calling to make an eternally meaningful contribution
Relationally we value…
- Mutual support, respect and accountability
- Serving, learning and growing together in Christ-centered community
- Interdenominational partnerships
As Stewards we value…
- Converting the latent energy of the laity into active energy
- Works that grows out of a living faith and a grateful heart
- Engaging within and alongside local churches
- Sustained, humble servant leadership
- Growing fruit on others’ trees
The Halftime® organization is, in essence, a community of individuals together seeking to support, encourage, learn and accelerate the attainment of a life that is truly significant.
You’re not alone. Millions of people all over the world and also in South Africa are in their midlife, and ready for the second half of their life journey. Harvard-Met Life study shows that more than half of these individuals want more meaning and significance in the second half. But this is still a very new phenomenon.
How do you get from here to there? The healthiest Halftimers do not travel the road alone. Rather, they connect with peers who are on their own journey and learn from others who have successfully made it to the other side.
We can help (assist you). Over the past decade, the Halftime organization has become the leading authority in this space. We focus our efforts on individuals just like you—financially independent marketplace leaders with a deep desire for a second half rich in eternal significance. When you become a Halftimer, we link you to the right resources for each stage of your journey and connect you with a wide network of like-minded individuals you can learn from and with.
As you explore this site, you’ll learn how other marketplace leaders have found their personal road to significance. And we hope you’ll gain the inspiration to start your own amazing journey—a journey of risk and adventure…and fulfilment…and faith.